The country of Nepal was devastated by two massive earthquakes within weeks of each other. Thousands were killed, countless others lost their homes and loved ones.
World Vision emergency response staff are hard at work distributing relief supplies in Nepal. We are responding to meet the basic, urgent needs of over 150,000 people in some of the worst-affected areas. Here’s how your gift can help:
- $20 can provide blankets to five earthquake survivors.
- $30 can provide water containers to 10 people.
- $51 can provide three aluminum cook sets to families affected by the earthquake.
- $100 can provide five hygiene kits to families.
- $204 can provide 12 plastic tarps for families displaced from their homes to use as emergency shelter.
- $416 can provide a tent for a family whose home was destroyed or is no longer safe.
World Vision has set up 35 Child Friendly Spaces to give children a safe place to play and recover.
Please keep the people of Nepal in your prayers and send a gift to help them today.
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.