Child Health and Nutrition Fund
You can help kids stay healthy and thrive. Where extreme poverty exists, pregnant women and children under 5 are dying too often, simply because they don’t have access to the most basic health information, care, and nutrition. In 2020, more than...More Details
You can help kids stay healthy and thrive.
Where extreme poverty exists, pregnant women and children under 5 are dying too often, simply because they don’t have access to the most basic health information, care, and nutrition. In 2020, more than 13,700 children under 5 died every day — most from preventable causes like diarrhea, pneumonia, birth complications, malaria, and various infectious diseases.
You can help make sure kids can grow up strong and healthy by supporting essential medical and nutrition resources for them and their moms. And thanks to public grants, your gifts will multiply 6 times in impact to provide prevention and treatment that saves lives.
The health and nutrition programs your gift will support include:
- Health education and nutrition interventions, with a focus on the critical first 1,000 days of a child’s life (from conception to second birthday)
- Birth preparedness training and pre- and postnatal care for expectant moms and newborns
- Support for kids and moms to receive essential vaccinations, vitamin supplements, and deworming
- Medicine and supplies for clinics
- Critical training for parents through our network of over 184,000 volunteer community health workers, including nutrition and hygiene education
- Prevention training and treatment for malaria, HIV, and other diseases
- Training for faith leaders to promote good health behaviors and fight stigma around disease in their communities
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.