World Vision Fund
When you give to the World Vision Fund, you’ll help meet the needs of today and beyond—empowering generations to rise above poverty and build futures once thought unreachable. You’ll show Jesus’ love in some of the world’s toughest places, helping...More Details
Back to top
When you give to the World Vision Fund, you’ll help meet the needs of today and beyond—empowering generations to rise above poverty and build futures once thought unreachable. You’ll show Jesus’ love in some of the world’s toughest places, helping us go beyond quick fixes to provide comprehensive solutions like clean water, healthcare, education, and access to financial services. Your gifts tackle injustice to protect children, bring emergency aid when devastation hits, and equip families to thrive—for good.
HOW WE WORK WITH COMMUNITIES
When World Vision begins work in a community, we start by praying, listening, and building relationships, earning the right to be heard. We plan and serve alongside local leaders and families, and partner with churches wherever they exist. In this way, the community takes ownership in finding sustainable solutions for their children’s futures. Our work in a community typically lasts for 10 to 20 years, until families are thriving and our assistance is no longer needed. In 2019, we helped equip over 3.5 million children worldwide for brighter futures through our sponsorship program. What’s more, because of our community-focused solutions, for every child helped through sponsorship, four more children benefit, too.
- CHRISTIAN DISCIPLESHIP – We provide tools to parents, pastors, and churches to support their spiritual growth as well as that of the children in their care.
- WATER – We help provide access to clean water, basic sanitation facilities, and hygiene behavior change education to prevent disease and death.
- MOTHER AND CHILD HEALTH – We focus on mother and child health, providing basic medicines, supplies, and training for moms and health workers to treat and prevent illness.
- ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT – We provide access to microloans and training, assist households in gaining access to markets, and help people start savings groups—improving family incomes and creating jobs.
- CHILD PROTECTION – We work to prevent the exploitation of children, protect the most vulnerable, and bring healing to children who have been exploited.
- EDUCATION -We help ensure that families, teachers, and local governments are engaged and empowered to provide a quality education for all children.
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE – Our local staff and global experts help disaster-affected families get back on their feet, rebuild, and prepare for future risks.
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.