Strong Women Strong World™ Fund
Recommended Price $500
World Vision believes that it’s possible to end extreme poverty. But it won’t happen as long as half the world is held back from reaching their full potential. When girls and women get equal access and opportunity, progress is accelerated,...More Details
Back to top
World Vision believes that it’s possible to end extreme poverty. But it won’t happen as long as half the world is held back from reaching their full potential.
When girls and women get equal access and opportunity, progress is accelerated, children are better cared for, families are stronger, and communities are more prosperous.
That’s why we have been deeply engaged in gender equality work for decades. It’s integrated into everything we do, at every stage of a woman’s life. (see this in action)
What we’re doing
- Home-based healthcare and clean water at rural health clinics so she can be born healthy
- Access to clean water close to home, so she can go to school instead of spending her days walking miles for dirty water
- Separate latrines and private sanitary rooms at schools so she can stay in class even when she has her period
- Protection from violence and harmful traditional practices, so she can marry when and who she chooses
- And economic opportunities, so she can thrive
Strong Women Strong World™ is World Vision’s movement of women, men, and young people using their voices and resources to drive change and improve the lives of women and girls globally.
Your gifts to the Strong Women Strong World Fund will support the following World Vision programs, all of which greatly impact the lives of women and girls:
- Received from October 1 through December 31, 2021 | Water, Economic Empowerment, and Kenya Big Dream
- Received from January 1 through March 31, 2022 | Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Received from April 1 through April 30 and June 1 through June 30, 2022 | Economic Empowerment
- Received from May 1 through May 31, 2022 | Mother and Child Health
- Received from July 1 through September 30, 2022 | Kenya Big Dream
Every $1 given to the Strong Women Strong World Fund will be matched with a $1 donation* to programs that empower women and girls, thanks to our generous SWSW partner, Clean Water Here.
*up to $12 million.
Your support + their hard work = stronger communities. You can help women and girls lift themselves and their families out of extreme poverty, live healthier lives, and reach their full potential. When girls and women are empowered, everyone wins. And, when her potential is unleashed, extreme poverty doesn’t stand a chance.
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.