Mother & Child Health Fund
Recommended Price $500
Help end needless suffering and deaths among mothers, babies, and young children in rural Zambia and Niger. In the toughest places in the world, thousands of mothers and children still die every day from causes that are completely preventable. With...More Details
Back to top
Help end needless suffering and deaths among mothers, babies, and young children in rural Zambia and Niger.
In the toughest places in the world, thousands of mothers and children still die every day from causes that are completely preventable. With your help, we can equip and empower mothers with vital health and nutrition information and support, help health clinics establish lasting access to clean water , and treat dangerous childhood illnesses right in the home.
What we’re doing
The Mother and Child Health Signature Initiative aims to reach more than 200,000 women and children under 5 with an overall goal of reducing malnutrition, stunting, sickness, and death. The plan calls for:
- Educating, equipping, and supporting mothers during the critical first 1,000 days of a child’s life, from conception until age 2, through regular home visits from trained local community health workers (see this in action)
- Training 780 community health volunteers and faith leaders to support their neighbors with basic health and nutrition education and care
- Equipping 394 community health workers with specialized training to diagnose and treat malaria, pneumonia, and diarrhea in young children on the spot, in their homes
- Upgrading 23 health clinics with access to clean water, handwashing stations, additional staff training, and donated equipment, supplies, and pharmaceuticals (see this in action)
What your gift can do
- $1,500 can equip one community health worker
- $25,000 can support a rural health clinic with supplies, equipment, and nurse training
- $125,000 can supply a rural health clinic with clean water, handwashing stations, and waste management for cleaner and safer childbirths
The problems facing women and children in the developing world may seem overwhelming. But we are making a significant impact — and with your partnership, we can continue to ease suffering and save lives.
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.