Emergency Relief Fund
Recommended Price $500
Please join us in providing assistance and care for the world’s most vulnerable children and families affected by disasters and humanitarian emergencies - to meet their urgent needs and help them rebuild their lives. World Vision believes that Jesus has...More Details
Please join us in providing assistance and care for the world’s most vulnerable children and families affected by disasters and humanitarian emergencies – to meet their urgent needs and help them rebuild their lives.
World Vision believes that Jesus has called us to be shepherds of the people He so deeply loves. By providing emergency assistance to those devastated by natural and man-made disasters, we serve the vulnerable people in their greatest hour of need. In the past decade, the number of people affected by emergencies has almost doubled and is expected to keep rising. In fact in 2015, an estimated 60 million people around the world are displaced by war, conflict, or persecution — the highest number in human history.
Our emergency relief approach covers the full range of disaster management, going far beyond the immediate response we see reported in news and on television. Our goal is to support families not just in the short-run, but as they go through the arduous process of rebuilding their lives and livelihoods. Your generous gift will help in the following efforts:
- Before a disaster strikes, we work with communities to develop disaster preparedness plans that map out local threats and identify how best to save lives and protect property.
- After a disaster, we provide emergency food and water to the most affected families, along with basic relief items that families often need in disasters, such as blankets, tarps, and hygiene kits.
- When possible and appropriate, we establish child-friendly spaces as safe places for children who might otherwise be at risk as well as respond to health, nutrition, and education needs in the early recovery period.
- Our water programs give disaster-affected communities access to clean water and adequate sanitation and promote personal hygiene practices to protect children from deadly diseases like diarrhea, cholera and other outbreaks.
- Our food assistance programs build household food security, ensuring that even in disasters, children are well-nourished.
- Our emergency shelter and livelihoods projects reach people in need, even when displaced by war.
For more information about our programs, please visit www.worldvision.org/philanthropy
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.