Recommended Price $500
Please join us as we seek to improve learning outcomes for children through focus on functional literacy and numeracy, practical life and citizenship skills, safe schools, and equitable access to quality education – including fragile contexts and emergency settings. World...More Details
Please join us as we seek to improve learning outcomes for children through focus on functional literacy and numeracy, practical life and citizenship skills, safe schools, and equitable access to quality education – including fragile contexts and emergency settings.
World Vision believes that the education of children, youth, and adults is at the heart of sustainable development. Most people agree that without education, it is nearly impossible to progress out of poverty. Yet, today, there are an estimated 58 million elementary–age children who are not enrolled in school. Many children who are in school still do not achieve functional literacy and numeracy skills due to overcrowded classes, lack of supplies, teachers who need more training, or disruption due to disasters and prolonged crises.
We are further expanding our work to help ensure a safe, inclusive, quality education for children – including girls and those with disabilities – and equip them with the skills and knowledge they deserve for a more promising future. Your generous gift will help:
- Ensure girls and children with disabilities have equal access to education
- Empower parents to advocate with their government to support education
- Expand preschool opportunities
- Provide programs that support education in the midst of humanitarian crises
- Implement best–practice curricula and learning tools
- Train teachers in effective literacy methods
- Ensure older students get the skills they need to be productive in society
- Keep schools safe and free from violence
- Engage parents and volunteers in the classroom and at home
For more information about our programs, please visit www.worldvision.org/philanthropy
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.