Economic Empowerment Fund
Recommended Price $500
Please join us as we build improved and resilient livelihoods for smallholder farmers and their families, enabling them to move completely out of extreme poverty. World Vision believes that every family deserves the opportunity to thrive economically, and that parents...More Details
Please join us as we build improved and resilient livelihoods for smallholder farmers and their families, enabling them to move completely out of extreme poverty.
World Vision believes that every family deserves the opportunity to thrive economically, and that parents everywhere are driven by a dream: for their children’s lives to be better than their own. However, millions of people in the poorest parts of the world are smallholder farmers who don’t have access to the capital, markets, technology, information, and know–how to build thriving businesses.
As part of the effort to end extreme poverty by 2030, we are further expanding our work to equip hardworking men and women with the tools, thinking, and organization needed for radical economic transformation—moving them from extreme poverty to prosperity. Your generous gift will help us to provide these families with:
- An empowered worldview
- Savings groups where people learn to save, lend, borrow, and work together in a mutually–accountable group
- Training on how to get organized into groups to buy and sell together for better market power
- Systematic improvement of agricultural practices, use of equipment, tools, and technology for better productivity
- Loans from VisionFund International’s microfinance institutions for farming needs
- Ecosystem care such as on–farm soil, water, and tree management, plus off–farm forest and watershed management
- Training on understanding, preparing for, and becoming resilient to market and environmental crises
For more information about our programs, please visit www.worldvision.org/philanthropy
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.