Disaster Relief in the U.S.
Recommended Price $500
Support disaster-affected communities in the U.S. World Vision is positioned and equipped to respond to disasters across the United States, including in hurricane-affected areas like Florida and fire-devastated areas like Maui. World Vision equips the local church to be the...More Details
Back to top
Support disaster-affected communities in the U.S.
World Vision is positioned and equipped to respond to disasters across the United States, including in hurricane-affected areas like Florida and fire-devastated areas like Maui.
World Vision equips the local church to be the hands and feet of Jesus and bear witness to the gospel through our joint response, helping bring urgent care and lasting hope. When we all work together, children and families in the U.S. can both recover and rebuild from devastating disasters. Recently, our Storehouse in North Texas — our primary U.S. disaster relief hub — sustained major storm damage and we are working to rebuild, restock, and get our response capabilities back to full strength. Natural disasters and emergencies deliver the heaviest blows to the most vulnerable—especially children and those already struggling to meet daily needs.
When disaster strikes:
- World Vision staff fill tractor-trailers with donated and procured emergency essentials like food and clean water, hygiene kits, diapers, blankets, cleaning supplies, generators, and more.
- Our network of Pastor Ambassadors join World Vision on location. A Pastor Ambassador—a pastor who has taken part in a World Vision disaster response previously—offers guidance and mentorship to other pastors in the affected area. They also help launch distribution hubs so churches can receive World Vision resources and provide both immediate and lasting assistance for their community.
- We arrive quickly and stay to help communities rebuild over the long haul. Donated building materials, home appliances, furniture, and more equip affected families with the basics they need to get back on their feet and experience hope.
What we have accomplished together so far
In the last five years, World Vision has partnered with 153 churches across the U.S. to respond to 23 disasters, reaching 580,811 people.
How your gifts are used to help transform lives
- $500 can help provide 10 tents or tarps
- $2,500 can help send a Pastor Ambassador to an emergency response location for five days
- $12,500 can help provide 166 Family Emergency Kits—each kit feeds a family of five for one week
- $25,000 can help send one truckload packed with relief supplies
It is because of your prayers and generosity that we are ready to help in the wake of disaster—partnering with thousands of churches and nonprofits across the country to reach children and families with urgently needed essentials and supplies. Thank you!
“I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.” —Jeremiah 31:13
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.