Unlock literacy for kids
Recommended Price $60
Equip kids for life by supporting literacy! With a single $60 gift, you can help an American child and a Rwandan child learn to read. Education is essential to getting a good job and earning an income — and can...More Details
Equip kids for life by supporting literacy!
With a single $60 gift, you can help an American child and a Rwandan child learn to read. Education is essential to getting a good job and earning an income — and can even be a matter of life and death. And a first step on the path to success in school, and life, is the ability to read.
A child born to an illiterate mother is less likely to survive into adulthood. Without an education, children are especially vulnerable to abuse and exploitation, such as being trafficked, forced to marry young, or made to work in hazardous conditions. As many as 100 million young people around the world are still illiterate, but you can help change that!
In the U.S., your gift will help equip kids with tools to achieve literacy by:
- Providing access to an app that includes a virtual library of over 400 books (through World Vision’s partner Worldreader).
- Encouraging interaction between children and caregivers through the app, which includes literacy activities and age-appropriate, culturally relevant books in multiple languages.
Along with kids in the U.S., your gift will support children in Rwanda by:
- Equipping teachers, providing training and resourcing to maximize government-supported reading programs.
- Establishing reading camps, making reading fun and engaging outside of a school environment. These reading clubs also loan books to children — in some cases, equipping them to take a book home for the very first time!
- Empowering parents, equipping families to cultivate successful reading skills and habits with their children.
Thank you for your heart for children and for helping them get essential literacy skills for a thriving future.
“I believe God can make a way when there is no way. Reading was the way God brought me to where I am now. And I want to share the transformative power of reading with every student.” — Debbie Macomber, bestselling author and World Vision Celebrity Ambassador
Your gift is a sacred trust. We promise to honor your generosity by using your donation in the most effective way possible. Giving options represent World Vision projects and suggested donation amounts are based on surveys in the countries where we serve. Your donation will be used to provide assistance where it's needed most with the gift category. For example, when you give an animal gift, a portion of the gift may also help provide water sources, farming assistance, hunger relief, and other related essentials.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.