Back to top
You can help kids worldwide build a strong foundation for the future..
Every child has the right to an education. But because of poverty, 58 million primary-school-age children around the world — more than half of them girls — are not enrolled in school. Being out of school puts these children at greater risk of exploitation, child marriage, and lower income-earning potential.
Together, we can do more than simply get kids in the classroom — we can empower them to step out of poverty. Equipped with literacy and other life skills, they can grow into adults who earn higher wages, educate their own children, and have a voice in their community.
You’ll help break the cycle of poverty by providing resources like:
- Creating teaching and learning materials in local languages
- Set-up and facilitation of early education centers and after-school clubs
- Distribution of school supplies and books
- Teacher training, reading camps, and resource production for World Vision’s acclaimed Unlock Literacy program, which has improved literacy rates for 1.7 million girls and boys
- Training for children and communities to prevent and respond to gender-based violence in schools, and support for girls to transition to and complete secondary school
- Vital skills training to support adolescents in achieving educational and life goals
- Collaboration with leaders and governments to improve the quality of education
Monthly giving: the simple way to make your donations do more.
Monthly giving is the most effective way to help the children and families who need it most. It lowers costs and puts more of your money to work changing lives. Plus, your donations will be delivering the right solution at just the right time. And while your gifts are at work changing lives, you’ll get to see the power of your generosity through quarterly updates and the World Vision magazine.
Your gift is a sacred trust. We promise to honor your generosity and use your donation in the most effective way possible. The gift options shown reflect World Vision projects and the suggested donation amounts are based on periodic surveys of the countries we serve. Each item is representative of the gift category in which it appears, and donations will be used to provide assistance within that gift category where it is needed most. When you give any animal gift, a portion of the gift may also help provide watering sources, farming assistance, hunger relief, and other related essentials as needed.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.