The fight to end poverty is being won. Over the last 30 years, the number of people living in extreme poverty has been cut in half. For the first time in modern history, the world is coming to the collective realization that it is possible to completely end extreme poverty in our lifetimes.
World Vision is on a mission to end extreme poverty for more people than ever before. We will be witnesses of God's love to the world's most vulnerable children. And we will refuse to be satisfied until we've reached every last one.
Join us in this mission. Your generous donation will be used to combat the effects of poverty in these seven key areas. Each area will include multiple projects, uniquely designed to achieve specific outcomes for children and families in the communities we serve:
- Christian Discipleship: Help children and youth grow in their relationship with Jesus by training and discipling them and the influential adults in their lives.
- Water: Deliver lasting water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions to people in need.
- Mother and Child Health: Eliminate preventable deaths among mothers and children and help ensure access to essential healthcare for 80 percent of the people in targeted World Vision program areas by 2022.
- Economic Empowerment: Build improved and resilient livelihoods for 4 million smallholder farmers and their families, enabling them to move completely out of extreme poverty.
- Child Protection: Help protect children from harm by educating, equipping, and strengthening them, their families, their faith communities, and adults in positions of influence.
- Education: Improve learning outcomes for children through focus on functional literacy and numeracy, practical life and citizenship skills, safe schools, and equitable access to quality education — including fragile contexts and emergency settings.
- Emergency Relief: Provide assistance and care for the world's most vulnerable children and families affected by disasters and humanitarian emergencies — to meet their urgent needs and help them rebuild their lives.
For more information about our programs, please visit www.worldvision.org/philanthropy
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.