Global Coronavirus Emergency Response
For the first time in our history, World Vision has declared a global emergency response. World Vision has launched the largest humanitarian response in our history. This global $350 million phased emergency plan will limit the spread of COVID-19 and...More Details
Back to top
For the first time in our history, World Vision has declared a global emergency response.
World Vision has launched the largest humanitarian response in our history. This global $350 million phased emergency plan will limit the spread of COVID-19 and address the secondary impacts that are putting millions of people’s lives and livelihoods at risk, especially the children.
Over 18 months we aim to reach 72 million of the most vulnerable children and adults everywhere we work – in more than 70 countries.
People all over the globe counting on World Vision now more than ever to show the love of Jesus, provide support, and help lift themselves out of extreme poverty.
The 4 objectives of our global response are:
- Scaling up prevention measures to slow the spread
- Vital information (handwashing, distancing, etc.)
- Handwashing stations, soap distribution
- Mobilization of 220,000 community health workers and hundreds of thousands of faith leaders to ensure even people in the most remote areas are reached with information
- Supporting health systems and workers
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Supplies and equipments
- Supporting at-risk children and families through food security, livelihoods support, child protection, and education (will account for more than half of our planned budget)
- Emergency food
- Cash vouchers and livelihoods support
- Learning and activity packs
- Psychological support
- Collaborating and advocating
- Helping to ensure the U.N. Global Humanitarian Response Plan has a focus on children
- Calling on nation states to allow humanitarian access and to designate nongovernmental organization employees as essential workers
- Influencing policies to protect children from violence during the COVID-19 crisis
Thanks to you, World Vision is uniquely and fully equipped for this massive response – all over the world – in the name of Jesus Christ. When it comes to COVID-19, we’re all fragile. But we’re not equally fragile. Please help in whatever way you can to respond to these urgent needs. Thank you.
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.