East Africa Children’s Crisis
Recommended Price $500
Throughout much of East Africa, children face fierce challenges to their ability to thrive – and for too many – to simply survive. Drought, flooding and civil unrest have created a vicious cycle that is putting the future of millions...More Details
Back to top
Throughout much of East Africa, children face fierce challenges to their ability to thrive – and for too many – to simply survive. Drought, flooding and civil unrest have created a vicious cycle that is putting the future of millions at risk, and more than half are children. With your help, we will continue to:
- Provide life-saving food and emergency supplies, such as shelter materials, cooking kits, and blankets to families struggling to survive.
- Treat severe and moderate malnutrition in young children and nursing and pregnant women.
- Assist families in maintaining their livelihoods by providing seeds to replant crops, vaccinations for livestock, water solutions for crops and livestock, and agricultural training.
- Improve access to safe water drinking water in areas struggling with chronic drought and in camps where displaced families are seeking refuge after losing their homes or running from violence.
- Provide healthcare that reduces suffering and controls the spread of illnesses including cholera, malaria, and diarrhea.
- Help communities protect children from harm by creating safe spaces for them to play and learn, providing counseling to children who have experienced abuse or trauma, and creating community committees that promote and defend the rights of children.
- Minimize the disruption in children’s education by rehabilitating schools, providing school supplies, and creating informal education opportunities.
- Mobilize faith and community leaders to facilitate peace-building in families and between communities, and act upon injustices against children.
Please pray. And do whatever you can financially to help us show Christ’s love to the precious people in the midst of this horrible, heart-breaking reality.
For more information about our programs, please visit www.worldvision.org/philanthropy
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.