World Vision is on the ground now responding to the immediate needs of communities affected by the hunger crisis in South Sudan, Somalia, Kenya, and Ethiopia. The suffering we’re seeing on the news is beyond comprehension, but it’s not unstoppable. God is still on the throne, and when we all come together with fervent prayer, compassion, and resources, lives can and will be saved.
With your help, we will continue to:
- Provide life-saving food assistance to the most vulnerable families across the region. In Somalia, high-energy biscuits and food vouchers are distributed.
- Treat severe and moderate malnutrition in children, lactating mothers, and pregnant women. In South Sudan, malnourished children are carefully treated with nutritional supplements and blended grains..
- Assist families in their efforts to maintain crops and livelihoods. Families will receive seeds, vaccinations for livestock, water solutions, and fishing kits. In Kenya, families will be trained in rainwater harvesting.
- Improve access to safe water. In the hardest hit areas, World Vision will haul water in via trucks as a short-term, emergency solution.
- Reduce suffering and control the spread of diseases including diarrhea, measles, and malaria. In Somalia, mobile health teams are caring for children and their families in the most affected areas.
- Help communities protect vulnerable children from harm. In South Sudan, children will be provided with safe spaces to play and learn. Across the region, World Vision also will help children continue their education when it has been disrupted.
Please pray. And do whatever you can financially to help us show Christ’s love to the precious people in the midst of this horrible, heart-breaking reality.
For more information about our programs, please visit www.worldvision.org/philanthropy
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.