In the wake of a crisis, it is children who suffer most. World Vision is often one of the first organizations to begin relief work after a disaster, and we remain on the ground for the long haul, rebuilding communities and restoring hope.
Your gift will help World Vision respond to disasters around the world:
- Tropical Cyclone Pam has slammed into Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands. World Vision is assessing the damage and responding with prepositioned emergency relief supplies.
- Extreme drought in Somalia is causing millions to go hungry as access to food and water becomes increasingly sparse. World Vision is responding through food aid and disaster relief programs.
- World Vision is providing urgently-needed aid, including food assistance, hygiene kits, and clean water to help persecuted families in Iraq, as well as Syrian refugees seeking safe shelter in Lebanon and Jordan.
- Typhoon Haiyan, one of the strongest storms in history, devastated communities in the Philippines in November 2013. More than a year later, World Vision is continuing to provide essential support for the most vulnerable children and their families.
- A food crisis is threatening lives in South Sudan and throughout West Africa. World Vision is responding with emergency care for malnourished children, as well as providing food, clean water, and healthcare throughout the region.
World Vision urgently needs your support to help children and families suffering from these and other disasters around the world. Your gift will help us rush emergency supplies like life-saving food, clean water, medical supplies, and shelter to survivors.
Our thousands of staff, spread across nearly 100 countries, are committed to helping children and families rebuild their lives and communities. Please pray for those who have been devastated by disaster, and help us respond to their needs today.
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.