In the wake of a crisis, it is children who suffer most. World Vision is often one of the first organizations to begin relief work after a disaster, and we remain on the ground for the long haul, rebuilding communities and restoring hope.
Your gift will help World Vision respond to disasters around the world, including:
World Vision urgently needs your support to help children and families suffering from these and other disasters around the world.
- World Vision staff are mobilizing to distribute hygiene kits and child-friendly kits (toys, basic hygiene items) to families made homeless by the quake in China's Sichuan Province.
- Escalating conflict and an ongoing food crisis have put millions of lives at risk in Mali. World Vision is providing emergency care to displaced children and families.
- World Vision is providing urgently-needed assistance to Syrian refugees seeking safe shelter in Lebanon.
- An increasing food crisis in Angola is affecting 1.8 million people. World Vision is providing food and nutritional support for severely malnourished children and their families.
- Nearly two million people have been displaced by heavy rains and flooding in India. World Vision relief teams are providing water, food, and health services to those affected by the disaster.
- A food crisis is threatening lives in West Africa. World Vision is responding with emergency care for malnourished children, and we are providing food, clean water, and healthcare throughout the region.
- Despite recent rains, millions of lives are still at risk after a severe drought in the Horn of Africa. World Vision remains committed to providing urgently-needed support in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Somalia.
Your gift will help us rush emergency supplies like life-saving food, clean water, medical supplies, and shelter to survivors.
Our thousands of staff, spread across nearly 100 countries, are committed to helping children and families rebuild their lives and communities. Please pray for those who have been devastated by disaster, and help us respond to their needs today.
Learn more about our Impact on Disaster Relief.
Give monthly to Emergency Response to help even more children.
At World Vision, stewardship is an integral part of everything we do. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, or where local conditions prevent program implementation, World Vision will redirect funds to similar activities to help children and families in need.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.